shibboleth-dev - RE: OS X info, webDAV use case

Subject: Shibboleth Developers

RE: OS X info, webDAV use case

  • From: Scott Cantor <>
  • To: "'David L. Wasley'" <>,
  • Subject: RE: OS X info, webDAV use case
  • Date: Wed, 24 Sep 2003 17:45:55 -0400

> If the requester is not "known" to the AA, it should return only
> "public information" that it would give to anyone. What this
> information might be is a local decision.

Yes, but if I can authenticate to the AA, I have no easy evidence as to why
I'm asking for the user's attributes (proof of his presence). LDAP doesn't
address that either, that's why I characterized the AA as basically an
equivalent kind of service if you take the handle away (minus the searching,
we're certainly not going there).