perfsonar-user - Re: [GN2-JRA1] [perfsonar-user] Re: [pS-dev] HELL and VMWare

Subject: perfSONAR User Q&A and Other Discussion

Re: [GN2-JRA1] [perfsonar-user] Re: [pS-dev] HELL and VMWare

  • From: "Jeff W. Boote" <>
  • To: Ralf Kleineisel <>
  • Cc: Loukik Kudarimoti <>, , , "" <>, Ben Perry <>,
  • Subject: Re: [GN2-JRA1] [perfsonar-user] Re: [pS-dev] HELL and VMWare
  • Date: Tue, 05 Jun 2007 02:44:01 -0600

Ralf Kleineisel wrote:
Hi,

Loukik Kudarimoti wrote:

A 500 Meg file on the wiki? (disk memory is surely cheap nowadays but
don't know how will PSNC/wiki application react to this kinda of file
sizes)

I'm sure it will work much better than checking it into a SVN repository.

SVN is for revision control of small text files, not big binaries. The
wiki download page is used to point the user to a normal directory (e.g.
http://www.perfsonar.net/download/bundles/) which is served by a web

Currently the 'download' directory is sync'd from an svn directory. This is exactly the situation we need to change. We (internet2) will work on a solution for this over the next couple of weeks.

jeff