perfsonar-user - Re: [pS-dev] HELL and VMWare

Subject: perfSONAR User Q&A and Other Discussion

Re: [pS-dev] HELL and VMWare

  • From: Frederic LOUI <>
  • To: , "" <>, GN-JRA1-list <>
  • Cc: Ben Perry <>,
  • Subject: Re: [pS-dev] HELL and VMWare
  • Date: Mon, 04 Jun 2007 17:40:44 +0200

Ben Perry a écrit :
Is there a public place for upload that the entire perfSONAR community
can use? If nothing else, maybe we can use megaupload temporarily.

-Ben

On 6/4/07, Frederic LOUI
Cesaroni Giovanni a écrit :
> Hi Frederic,
> I prefer Debian,
> the ftp server is ftp://193.206.158.119:2121
> It is an image from ESX or WS?
>
> Cheers,
> Giovanni
>
> Frederic LOUI wrote:
>> Cesaroni Giovanni a écrit :
>>> Hi,
>>> I would like to test the VMWARE image of RRD-MA.
>>>
>>> Cheers,
>>> Giovanni

>> Which flavour are you interested in ?
>> DEBIAN one ? FreeBSD one ? Ubuntu (Feisty/Edgy/Dapper)?
>>
>> Could you please provide me an ftp URL with at least 500 Meg free
>> space ?
>>
>> Thanks
>> Bgrds/Frederic

Hi Giovanni,

I uploaded the VM images on your FTP servers.
You can close your anonymous FTP anytime you want...

Basically the image is a debian 4.0, with THE STRICT MINIMUM SOFTWARE
installed required to run RRD-MA.

Default user:
login: perfsonar
Default password: perfsonar

Default eXist RRD-MA user: rrdmaservice
Default eXist RRD-MA password: rrdmaservice
Default eXist ADMINB password: rrdmaservice

PerfSONAR RRD-MA is launched during system startup whith perfsonar user
UNIX access rights. (check /etc/rc.local)
So you STRICTLY have nothing to do... Except ...
==> To insert your META-DATA file using URL
http://<IP_ADDRESS_OF_VM>:8080/exist/admin/admin.xql

Import your RRD files through NFS. (/etc/fstab) and you're done
Don't forget to change the default password as well for
root/perfsonar/eXist etc.

In term of stitching, I think that Alessandro and Mario are PerfSONAR
installation expert now ! ;-)

Thanks and best regards/Frederic

PS: It would be great to have your feedback about this VM.
The point is to roughly evaluate how much time you spent on deploying
this RRD-MA service and how painful it was ... ;-)

--
Frederic LOUI / GIP RENATER

Service de Suivi Operationnel / Metrologie & QoS
Network Operations Service / Metrology & QoS

Tel: +33 1 53 94 20 82 / Fax: +33 1 53 94 20 31

http://www.renater.fr

Hi all,

Quoted the mail from Ben,
Is there any chance to get a place where I can upload these images ?
So, people interested could download these images in a more convenient way ...
A resource part of PerfSONAR project might be good.

Thanks in advance for your potential help
Bgrds/Frederic