mace-opensaml-users - RE: [OpenSAML] log4shib + LocalSyslogAppender

Subject: OpenSAML user discussion

RE: [OpenSAML] log4shib + LocalSyslogAppender

  • From: "Scott Cantor" <>
  • To: <>
  • Subject: RE: [OpenSAML] log4shib + LocalSyslogAppender
  • Date: Tue, 19 Oct 2010 09:50:58 -0400

> I've actually got it working now. It was throwing an exception in
> PropertyConfiguratorImpl::setLayout() because I hadn't defined a "layout"
> property. Is there any documentation for log4cpp (or log4shib) which tells
> you what you need to put in the config file?

Not that I'm aware of, it was patterned after log4j's property-based config
and then left more or less undocumented. Whatever I've learned I got from
reading the PropertyConfiguratorImpl code. If you wanted to contribute any
documentation or examples, there's a log4cpp page in the wiki that could be
used for now.

I would like to move to something that's more viable, but so far every
logging option I've seen is either orphaned or pulls in 3-4 more
dependencies.