mace-opensaml-users - RE: [OpenSAML] Signing Assertion within a Response (C++)

Subject: OpenSAML user discussion

RE: [OpenSAML] Signing Assertion within a Response (C++)

  • From: Chris Card <>
  • To: <>
  • Subject: RE: [OpenSAML] Signing Assertion within a Response (C++)
  • Date: Wed, 6 Oct 2010 14:58:57 +0000

> > Adding a namespace-qualified attribute to an extensible node should record
> > the fact that the namespace is needed, and the marshaller should pick it
> up,
> > but that may be a fix in the latest version, I'd have to look.
>
> Definitely not in xmltooling 1.3.3, the fix for that is in 1.4. That would
> fix the problem superficially and auto-add xmlns:xsi, but it should be done
> via setSchemaType or by a builder parameter as I said.
>
> There has to be non-opensaml code involved in your serialization if
> something is adding xmlns:xsi to your XML after signing.
I'm not calling any non-opensaml code, but I may be using opensaml wrongly!
I was adding the xsi:type to the AttributeValue elements because the SAML Assertions
I'm getting back from the 3rd-party IDP we're using had xsi:type="xs:string" in all the AttributeValue elements, and
I'm trying to simulate those Assertions for unit tests.
I'll take a look at setSchemaType.
Chris