mace-opensaml-users - RE: [OpenSAML] log4shib + LocalSyslogAppender

Subject: OpenSAML user discussion

RE: [OpenSAML] log4shib + LocalSyslogAppender

  • From: Chris Card <>
  • To: <>
  • Subject: RE: [OpenSAML] log4shib + LocalSyslogAppender
  • Date: Tue, 19 Oct 2010 13:46:25 +0000

> Date: Tue, 19 Oct 2010 09:41:18 -0400
> Subject: RE: [OpenSAML] log4shib + LocalSyslogAppender
>
> > [Apologies if this is the wrong list]
>
> There is no right list, the logging code was forked because of the lack of
> viability of the original project. But there's not much I can do beyond
> point to the code, since it's not mine.
>
> > I can get logging to the console and logging to a file working ok, but I
> > can't seem to get the same output going to syslog.
>
> You might post to the shibboleth-users list, I think there are people who
> have gotten syslogging to work with it.
>
> -- Scott
thanks Scott, I bear that in mind for next time.

I've actually got it working now. It was throwing an exception in
PropertyConfiguratorImpl::setLayout() because I hadn't defined a "layout"
property. Is there any documentation for log4cpp (or log4shib) which tells
you what you need to put in the config file?

Chris