mace-opensaml-users - RE: [OpenSAML] Signing Assertion within a Response (C++)

Subject: OpenSAML user discussion

RE: [OpenSAML] Signing Assertion within a Response (C++)

  • From: "Scott Cantor" <>
  • To: <>
  • Subject: RE: [OpenSAML] Signing Assertion within a Response (C++)
  • Date: Wed, 6 Oct 2010 11:02:55 -0400

> I'm not calling any non-opensaml code, but I may be using opensaml
wrongly!
> I was adding the xsi:type to the AttributeValue elements because the SAML
> Assertions I'm getting back from the 3rd-party IDP we're using had
> xsi:type="xs:string" in all the AttributeValue elements, and
> I'm trying to simulate those Assertions for unit tests.

That's ok. It's just not a practice I'd emulate anywhere.

I didn't think the DOMLSSerializer in Xerces ever did any namespace fixups,
because that would break signatures all over the place, but I'll see if I
can add a unit test for that. That's the only thing I can think of that
would be adding it if you're using my serializer.