mace-opensaml-users - Deploying opensaml 2.0 in Jboss 4.2.0

Subject: OpenSAML user discussion

Deploying opensaml 2.0 in Jboss 4.2.0

  • From: "Singh, Manish" <>
  • To: <>
  • Subject: Deploying opensaml 2.0 in Jboss 4.2.0
  • Date: Fri, 14 Mar 2008 12:11:49 -0400

Only way I could get the Jboss 4.2.0 to work along with being able to
use OpenSAML 2.0 is to not
Add these jars (which is supposed to go under endorsed dir) at all,
which comes with openSAML under endorsed dir.

xalan-2.7.1.jar
xerces-2.9.1-xercesImpl.jar

I added the other 2 to Jboss endorsed dir though.

By this configuration Jboss works fine and I am able to use OpenSAML as
SP in configuration that is need for my short term requirements.

Having said that, I do see this warning in logs.
I would like to know what would be the affect of this and what is the
functionality that I won't be able to utilize?

Has anyone dealt with this issue in Jboss 4.2.0 and have a better
solution?

Thanks,
Manish Singh

11:38:04,649 WARN [Init] Exception while installing Function
java.lang.NoSuchMethodException:
org.apache.xpath.compiler.FunctionTable.install
Function(java.lang.String, org.apache.xpath.Expression)
at java.lang.Class.getMethod(Class.java:1581)
at org.apache.xml.security.Init.registerHereFunction(Unknown
Source)
at org.apache.xml.security.Init.init(Unknown Source)
at
org.opensaml.DefaultBootstrap.initializeXMLSecurity(DefaultBootstrap.
java:97)
at
org.opensaml.DefaultBootstrap.bootstrap(DefaultBootstrap.java:71)
at
com.citistreet.id.sso.security.saml.opensaml.OpenSAMLProcessor_2_0.<i
nit>(OpenSAMLProcessor_2_0.java:80)
Method)

at
sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(NativeConstruct
orAccessorImpl.java:39)
at
sun.reflect.DelegatingConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(DelegatingC
onstructorAccessorImpl.java:27)
at
java.lang.reflect.Constructor.newInstance(Constructor.java:494)
at
citistreet.id.util.factory.MatchingReflectionConstructor.construct(Ma
tchingReflectionConstructor.java:62)