mace-opensaml-users - Re: Signing a SAML token

Subject: OpenSAML user discussion

Re: Signing a SAML token

  • From: Chad La Joie <>
  • To:
  • Subject: Re: Signing a SAML token
  • Date: Wed, 12 Mar 2008 16:58:30 +0100

SAML only requires that the assertion signature cover the assertion itself.

Benjamin Coiffe wrote:
Hi all,

I have read the specs but can't really figure out something. Does the
signature of a SAML token, with confirmation method set to
sender-vouches, needs to reference both the assertion and the binary
security token?

I ask this cause WebLogic 9.2 seems to require it and I don't understand
why?

Any help appreciated,
Thanks

Benjamin Coiffe