mace-opensaml-users - Re: contributing to OpenSAML

Subject: OpenSAML user discussion

Re: contributing to OpenSAML

  • From: Prakash Yamuna <>
  • To: OpenSAML <>
  • Subject: Re: contributing to OpenSAML
  • Date: Fri, 28 Jan 2005 10:07:36 -0800 (PST)
  • Comment: DomainKeys? See http://antispam.yahoo.com/domainkeys

The question is where is an individual's
freedom/rights in all this?

Daily, I perform other tasks/actions (other than code
contributions) that do not require my company's
approval; then why is it when it comes to code
contributions that one needs approval?

A related issue is it is almost impossible to say that
your contributions do not build on your past and
present experience in various fields - even if they
are disparate fields.

Suppose one would like to contribute multiple open
source projects then how would that work?

Of course given the fact that the distinction b/w work
at office and home is blurred - this makes things much
more complicated...but where does one draw a line?

In my particular case, it makes sense for me to get
company approval, since I am in the security industry
but if one were to be working on a totally orthogonal
aspect as a corporate developer then why does the
company need to know?

May not be relevant to my particular situation - but I
thought I might as well ask the questions as others
might find it useful...

thanks,
prakash
--- RL 'Bob' Morgan