mace-opensaml-users - RE: contributing to OpenSAML

Subject: OpenSAML user discussion

RE: contributing to OpenSAML

  • From: "Scott Cantor" <>
  • To: "'Prakash Yamuna'" <>, "'OpenSAML'" <>
  • Subject: RE: contributing to OpenSAML
  • Date: Fri, 28 Jan 2005 10:44:00 -0500

> For example, I know that if I use my company's
> resources for any work then that belongs to the
> company and so one would need the necessary paper
> work.
>
> If one were to devote their efforts say by using
> personal resources in that case what are the
> implications?

Related to Bob's point, the thing is that in many cases (at least in the
US), things you do *related* to your real job may also be company property,
even if you do it on your own time on your own machine. That's the part that
isn't usually understood and tends to be more gray.

It's hard to avoid unless you're strictly a private contractor.