mace-opensaml-users - RE: contributing to OpenSAML

Subject: OpenSAML user discussion

RE: contributing to OpenSAML

  • From: "RL 'Bob' Morgan" <>
  • To: Prakash Yamuna <>
  • Cc: Scott Cantor <>, "'OpenSAML'" <>
  • Subject: RE: contributing to OpenSAML
  • Date: Fri, 28 Jan 2005 02:20:55 -0800 (PST)

Thanks for your response. I had a follow up question - if I am a corporoate developer but would like to contribute in an individual capacity then how would that work (maybe I am being redundant here!)?

For example, I know that if I use my company's resources for any work then that belongs to the company and so one would need the necessary paper work.

If one were to devote their efforts say by using personal resources in that case what are the implications?

From the project's point of view the contribution is either made by you as an individual or by a company with you as employee. If you come to us as an individual we'll have you sign the contrib form which says you acknowledge that you have the rights to make this contribution. If I were you I wouldn't sign that without first checking with your employer to get their OK (I assume you don't care so much about opensaml that you're willing to risk your job for it). So I'd say that's your first step.

- RL "Bob"