mace-opensaml-users - OpenSAML on Websphere/Solaris

Subject: OpenSAML user discussion

OpenSAML on Websphere/Solaris

  • From: Sanga Viswanathan <>
  • To:
  • Subject: OpenSAML on Websphere/Solaris
  • Date: Mon, 13 Sep 2004 11:52:25 -0700

Title: Message
I am using opensaml on Websphere. Copying the dom3 jar files to the endorsed dir works on Windows, but not on Solaris.
IBM uses Sun JRE for Solaris, and seems to be copying its own jar files including xml.jar into the endorsed dir. This prevents the dom3 jar files from loading. The only way I could make it work was to remove the xml.jar supplied by IBM from the endorsed dir.

Has anyone encountered this issue? Is there a better way to make this work? Are the dom3 jar files backwards compatible, i.e will IBM applications continue to work if I remove their xml.jar files?

I know some of this is really a question for IBM to answer, but any insights or related experiences would help.

thanks
Sanga