mace-opensaml-users - SAMLResponse toString error

Subject: OpenSAML user discussion

SAMLResponse toString error

  • From:
  • To:
  • Subject: SAMLResponse toString error
  • Date: Mon, 13 Sep 2004 14:45:40 -0400 (EDT)

I have code which builds a SAMLResponse. The code works fine b/c I unit
tested it using a j-unit test case through eclipse and I can see the correct
output of the SAML response via toString in the SAMLResponse object. When i
call the same toString method running within a Tomcat web application, I get
the following exception:

389094 [http-8080-Processor23] ERROR opensaml.SAMLResponse toString - caught
a SAML exception while serializing XML

I am running 1.4.2_04, tomcat 5.x. I overrode the xerces, and xml-api jars
in tomcat with the dom3 capable jars included with the openSAML build in the
TOMCAT_HOME\common\endorsed directory.

I'm assuming this is a configuration issue. Has anyone run into this or does
anyone have any suggestions as to where to start?

Thanks,

Jason P.