mace-opensaml-users - RE: SAMLResponse toString error

Subject: OpenSAML user discussion

RE: SAMLResponse toString error

  • From: "Scott Cantor" <>
  • To: <>, <>
  • Subject: RE: SAMLResponse toString error
  • Date: Mon, 13 Sep 2004 16:26:38 -0400

> 389094 [http-8080-Processor23] ERROR opensaml.SAMLResponse
> toString - caught a SAML exception while serializing XML

It's most likely an error inside the toDOM() method that builds the XML tree
from the raw parts. In Java, the likely cause would be use of the default
constructors that let you build empty objects and add pieces in at runtime,
which makes you responsible for insuring that all required pieces are
provided.

Once you try and build the DOM, it calls the checkValidity() override for
each object to verify that it's in a consistent state.

> I'm assuming this is a configuration issue. Has anyone run
> into this or does anyone have any suggestions as to where to start?

For some stupid reason, I'm not logging the exception. I would suggest you
just hack the code in SAMLObject.java to output the exception into the log,
and that way you don't have to guess. I'll add a TODO to fix that.