mace-opensaml-users - RE: OpenSAML on Websphere/Solaris

Subject: OpenSAML user discussion

RE: OpenSAML on Websphere/Solaris

  • From: "Scott Cantor" <>
  • To: "'Sanga Viswanathan'" <>, <>
  • Subject: RE: OpenSAML on Websphere/Solaris
  • Date: Mon, 13 Sep 2004 16:33:28 -0400

> So they are using Xerces-J 2.4 version. The DOM 3 jar files are also built
> from the 2.4 version (dom3-xercesImpl-2.4.0.jar, dom3-xml-apis-2.4.0.jar).

Yes, whatever version I used is what I meant, I didn't look before I posted.
As far as I know, 2.4+ all work fine. Some older versions have some
schema-related issues.

> I am hoping that copying the dom3 jars and removing the IBM supplied jars
> should be ok since the base version is 2.4 anyways. I will confirm this
> with IBM as well.

Technically, I believe that that is the case with all but the most obscure
use cases. Formally, the vendor will most likely say "we won't support
anything but what we ship". DOM3 is a REC now, and I'm hoping greatly that
Xerces finishes the work and starts defaulting the build to include it.