mace-opensaml-users - SAMLSoapBinding.response with exception

Subject: OpenSAML user discussion

SAMLSoapBinding.response with exception

  • From: "Mike Ferraro" <>
  • To: <>
  • Subject: SAMLSoapBinding.response with exception
  • Date: Fri, 17 Sep 2004 13:02:41 -0400

When I get an exception in my attribute service, I'd like to send a clean
error message to the attribute client. I'm trying to do something like
this...

catch (Exception e) {
// processException logs information, and creates a basic SAMLResponse
element for the response
// to the attribute client, with any required fields populated
samlResp = processException(e, appName, userId);
String statusMsg = "Unable to process the attribute request due to a
system error.";
SAMLException se = new SAMLException(SAMLException.RESPONDER, statusMsg,
e);
// respond with SAMLSoapBinding.respond()
binding.respond(resp, samlResp, se);
}

I've tried several different variations with the binding.respond parameters,
but no matter what I try, my client always gets this error:

[ERROR] [17 Sep 2004 12:33:05,609] send() received an invalid content type
in the response (text/html), with the following content:

Any ideas on what I'm doing wrong?

Thanks,
Mike