mace-opensaml-users - Re: xml library issues

Subject: OpenSAML user discussion

Re: xml library issues

  • From: "Mike Ferraro" <>
  • To: <>
  • Subject: Re: xml library issues
  • Date: Fri, 13 Aug 2004 12:19:26 -0400

I added a debug statement just before creating the SAMLSoapBinding object
that prints out the value of "java.endorsed.dir". The value points to the
standard endorsed directory. I can't find anything in the Weblogic startup
scripts that changes this value upon startup or anything that even refers to
endorsed tools at all.

Weblogic does substitute their own weblogic.policy file for the standard
java.policy file. Looking at the policy files, Weblogic adds policies for
their own components but doesn't seem to modify the standard java policies
in any way. I'm not even sure that the policy file would affect endorsed
tools.

mike