mace-opensaml-users - Re: xml library issues

Subject: OpenSAML user discussion

Re: xml library issues

  • From: "Mike Ferraro" <>
  • To: "Scott Cantor" <>
  • Cc: <>
  • Subject: Re: xml library issues
  • Date: Fri, 13 Aug 2004 15:23:36 -0400

No. I didn't. According to the Xerces 2.6.2 class files, they seem to show
DOM 3 support. When I looked at your method for checking for DOM 3 parsers
(verifyUsableXmlParser()), it simply checks for the setIdAttributeNS method
on the org.w3c.dom.Element class. Since Xerces 2.6.2 is shipped with that
method, I figured that it would be compatible with OpenSAML. Was I wrong?

Mike