mace-opensaml-users - xml library issues

Subject: OpenSAML user discussion

xml library issues

  • From: "Mike Ferraro" <>
  • To: <>
  • Subject: xml library issues
  • Date: Fri, 13 Aug 2004 11:52:01 -0400

I'm running an application on Weblogic 8.1 and JDK 1.4. I've got Xalan
2.6.0 and Xerces 2.6.0 installed in the endorsed directory of the Weblogic
JRE ($WEBLOGIC_HOME/jdk1.4/jre/lib/endorsed), and I've checked the System
property java.endoresed.dir to make sure that this is the one being used by
the JRE. I am still getting this exception for some reason:

<Aug 12, 2004 4:08:53 PM EDT> <Error> <HTTP> <BEA-101020>
<[ServletContext(id=13378954,name=proxy,context-path=/proxy)] Servlet failed
with Exception
org.apache.xml.utils.WrongParserException: OpenSAML requires an xml parser
that supports DOM3 calls. Xerces 2.5.0 (built with DOM3 support) has been
included with this release and is recommended. If you are using Java 1.4,
make sure that you have enabled the Endorsed Standards Override Mechanism
for this parser.
at org.opensaml.SAMLConfig.verifyUsableXmlParser(Unknown Source)
at org.opensaml.SAMLConfig.<init>(Unknown Source)
at org.opensaml.SAMLConfig.instance(Unknown Source)
at org.opensaml.SAMLSOAPBinding.<init>(Unknown Source)
at harvard.cait.proxy.servlets.HalServlet.doPost(Unknown Source)
at
weblogic.servlet.internal.ServletStubImpl$ServletInvocationAction.run(Servle
tStubImpl.java:971)
at
:402)
at
:305)
at
weblogic.servlet.internal.WebAppServletContext$ServletInvocationAction.run(W
ebAppServletContext.java:6350)
at
weblogic.security.acl.internal.AuthenticatedSubject.doAs(AuthenticatedSubjec
t.java:317)
at
weblogic.security.service.SecurityManager.runAs(SecurityManager.java:118)
at
weblogic.servlet.internal.WebAppServletContext.invokeServlet(WebAppServletCo
ntext.java:3635)
at
weblogic.servlet.internal.ServletRequestImpl.execute(ServletRequestImpl.java
:2585)
at weblogic.kernel.ExecuteThread.execute(ExecuteThread.java:197)
at weblogic.kernel.ExecuteThread.run(ExecuteThread.java:170)

Does anyone know if there is an alternate endorsed directory for each
application in Weblogic? It doesn't look that way, but I can't figure out
why the libraries aren't working. I've even included the jar files at the
beginning of my application CLASSPATH, but no dice. Anybody know why my app
might be ignoring these extentions?

Thanks...
-----
Mike Ferraro
Senior Software Engineer
CAIT : Information Technology Infrastructure Services
Harvard University
ph: 617-384-6683