mace-opensaml-users - Re: xml library issues

Subject: OpenSAML user discussion

Re: xml library issues

  • From: "Mike Ferraro" <>
  • To: "Scott Cantor" <>
  • Cc: <>
  • Subject: Re: xml library issues
  • Date: Fri, 13 Aug 2004 16:11:37 -0400

> I think the problem is that the API to the DOM is part of JAXP, and so
they
> can't just add the DOM3 calls the way the C++ parser can. DOM3 has been a
> final rec for months, so I would assume Sun or whoever owns this mess is
> planning to revise the official API.
>
> -- Scott

That makes sense.

I should learn to read release notes before I start spamming mailing lists.
I just built the dom3 version for 2.6.2. Hopefully this will solve the
issue. I'm just afraid of that Weblogic warning that I found telling me not
to install the xml-apis.jar. I haven't heard anything from BEA support yet.

mike