mace-opensaml-users - Subject missing in authentication statement

Subject: OpenSAML user discussion

Subject missing in authentication statement

  • From: Lakshmikanth Ganti <>
  • To:
  • Subject: Subject missing in authentication statement
  • Date: Tue, 17 Aug 2004 12:10:27 -0700 (PDT)

Hi,

  Im using openSAML Java Api to generate a SAML response. In my SAML response i do not get the subject tag in the authentication statement though i pass the subject as an argument. im creating the subject and adding it to the authentication statement as follows. Any help is appreciated. Thank you.

SAMLNameIdentifier nameIdentifier = new SAMLNameIdentifier(
   ,     // name
   null,        // qualifier
   SAMLNameIdentifier.FORMAT_EMAIL  // format
  );

  // create a collection of confirmation methods
  List confMethods = new ArrayList();
  confMethods.add( SAMLSubject.CONF_BEARER );

  // create the subject of our SAML statements
  SAMLSubject subject = new SAMLSubject(
   nameIdentifier, // name identifier
   confMethods, // list of confirmation methods
   null,   // evidence
   null   // key info
  );

// create a new SAML Authentication statement
  SAMLAuthenticationStatement s = new SAMLAuthenticationStatement(
   subject,             // subject
   SAMLAuthenticationStatement.AuthenticationMethod_Password, // confirmation method
   new Date(),             // confirmation instant
   null,              // subject IP
   null,              // subject DNS
   null              // provider bindings
  );