grouper-users - [grouper-users] Encryption of LDAPPCNG password

Subject: Grouper Users - Open Discussion List

[grouper-users] Encryption of LDAPPCNG password

  • From: Gagné Sébastien <>
  • To: <>
  • Subject: [grouper-users] Encryption of LDAPPCNG password
  • Date: Fri, 20 Jan 2012 13:26:10 -0500

I have a new question : how can I encrypt de credentials used in LDAPPCNG
configuration ?

I followed the instructions (https://bugs.internet2.edu/jira/browse/GRP-122)
and encrypted the password for sources.xml and grouper.hibernate.properties
and everything seems to be working fine, but if I try to put the file path in
ldappc.properties (i.e.
edu.vt.middleware.ldap.serviceCredential=/app/grouper/api/conf/grouperDevAD.pass)
it doesn't work and locks Grouper's AD service account

It's kinda strange that we can encrypt the source's password but not the
provisioner's password since it needs more rights for the creation and
management groups and OUs.

Thank you

Sébastien Gagné, | Analyste en informatique
M.Ing., ing. jr | Université de Montréal,