grouper-users - [grouper-users] LDAPPCNG configuration with Active Directory

Subject: Grouper Users - Open Discussion List

[grouper-users] LDAPPCNG configuration with Active Directory

  • From: Gagné Sébastien <>
  • To: <>
  • Subject: [grouper-users] LDAPPCNG configuration with Active Directory
  • Date: Wed, 18 Jan 2012 11:43:12 -0500

Hello,

I’m in the process of configuring the provisioning to an Active Directory but I ran in some problems. I’m using LDAPPCNG with Grouper 2.0.1. I’m not very familiar with the Shibboleth configuration files, so part of my problems may come from there. I would need your help on a few things.

1.

Is there an example configuration for AD ? I used the configuration files found in “ldappcng-ActiveDirectory/” but it seems I still have problems with group provisioning.

I provisioned a stem successfully and was able to do “bulkCalc” and “bulkDiff” operations successfully. However when I try to provision a single group using the following command, I get an error (Stem UofM was previously provisionned) :

$GROUPER_HOME/bin/gsh.sh -ldappcng -sync UdeM:TestGrouper

[LDAP: error code 34 - 00002081: NameErr: DSID-03050C42, problem 2003 (BAD_ATT_SYNTAX) , data 0, best match of: 'cn=UdeM:TestGrouper,ou=UdeM,ou=people,dc=devsim,dc=umontreal,dc=ca'_]

Maybe it has something to do with the colon (but CN can have them though), maybe it’s missing a required attribute in ldappcng.xml or maybe there’s a problem with the “member” value (but I tried it with no members in the group and still doesn’t work).

I use the default group definition that came with the archive where group definition is :

    <object id="group" authoritative="true">

      <identifier ref="group-dn" baseId="${groupsOU}">

        <identifyingAttribute name="objectClass" value="${groupObjectClass}" />

      </identifier>

      <attribute name="objectClass" ref="group-objectclass" />

      <attribute name="cn" />

      <attribute name="description" />

      <references name="member">

        <reference ref="members-jdbc" toObject="member" />

        <reference ref="members-g:gsa" toObject="group" />