grouper-users - Re: [grouper-users] LDAPPCNG configuration with Active Directory

Subject: Grouper Users - Open Discussion List

Re: [grouper-users] LDAPPCNG configuration with Active Directory

  • From: Tom Zeller <>
  • To: Gagné Sébastien <>
  • Cc:
  • Subject: Re: [grouper-users] LDAPPCNG configuration with Active Directory
  • Date: Thu, 19 Jan 2012 10:03:36 -0600

Great, looks like you were able to correct the example Active
Directory configuration to match the RDN and DN. In the next version,
2.1.0, I changed how ldap DNs are created from Grouper names, which
hopefully will be an improvement. The difference between 'name' and
'extension' can be confusing.

For issue #4, to not delete existing groups from AD, in ldappcng.xml, change

<object id="group" authoritative="true">

<object id="group" authoritative="false">

In general, ldappcng should be authoritative for the OU that Grouper
groups are provisioned to. Authoritative means 'delete anything that
is not sourced from Grouper". If authoritative="false", then ldappcng
will not delete groups which are deleted from Grouper. With real-time
provisioning in version 2.1.0, this will not be the case, and Grouper
groups will be deleted even if authoritative="false".

I hope this helps.

Just curious, what is your attribute definition (jn
ldappcng-resolver.xml) for sAMAccountName ?

TomZ