grouper-users - RE: [grouper-users] Encryption of LDAPPCNG password

Subject: Grouper Users - Open Discussion List

RE: [grouper-users] Encryption of LDAPPCNG password

  • From: Gagné Sébastien <>
  • To: "Tom Zeller" <>
  • Cc: <>
  • Subject: RE: [grouper-users] Encryption of LDAPPCNG password
  • Date: Sat, 21 Jan 2012 09:18:15 -0500

> I have a new question : how can I encrypt de credentials used in LDAPPCNG
> configuration ?
>
> I followed the instructions
> (https://bugs.internet2.edu/jira/browse/GRP-122) and encrypted the password
> for sources.xml and grouper.hibernate.properties and everything seems to be
> working fine, but if I try to put the file path in ldappc.properties (i.e.
> edu.vt.middleware.ldap.serviceCredential=/app/grouper/api/conf/grouperDevAD.pass)
> it doesn't work and locks Grouper's AD service account

Sorry ?

[Sébastien] Our password policy locks the user account after 5 failed
attempts. I assume it was using the file path as the password (which isn't
the right password ;~)

> It's kinda strange that we can encrypt the source's password but not the
> provisioner's password since it needs more rights for the creation and
> management groups and OUs.

Not strange, insane !

Could you add an "improvement" request to jira, please ?

TomZ

https://bugs.internet2.edu/jira/browse/GRP

[Sébastien] Done!