grouper-users - Re: [grouper-users] moving groups and stems

Subject: Grouper Users - Open Discussion List

Re: [grouper-users] moving groups and stems

  • From: Kathryn Huxtable <>
  • To: <>
  • Subject: Re: [grouper-users] moving groups and stems
  • Date: Fri, 11 Aug 2006 12:21:18 -0500

I just added external provisioning for all the base groups we might want to
use in composite operations. It took almost 48 hours. This is ridiculous. My
home-grown group management can populate from empty in about four hours. My
nightly update only does adds/removes and so runs very quickly.

I can obviously write similar update code, but really, what all is going on
that adding 20,000 subjects takes so long? Is a table not indexed on some
attribute, or are you creating new subject records from the JNDI data in my
subject configs?

Inquiring minds want to know (fnord).

-K

On 8/4/06 3:43 PM, "Tom Barton"