grouper-users - Stress/Load/Capacity Testing of Grouper

Subject: Grouper Users - Open Discussion List

Stress/Load/Capacity Testing of Grouper

  • From: Steve Devoti <>
  • To: Grouper Users <>
  • Subject: Stress/Load/Capacity Testing of Grouper
  • Date: Fri, 11 Aug 2006 13:33:42 -0500

Hi all,

You may have heard UW-Madison is diving into the Grouper pool.  We're in the process of getting our development environment up and running.  One of the first things we plan to do is some testing to see just what the limits of the system are (at least in that limited environment).  We'd like to know what others have done.  We're going to:

-Load up as many groups as we can.  We'll probably keep this pretty flat to begin with.  See what happens to searches, adds and deletes.
-Try some really big groups (our subject  source has about 250,000 users)
-Test import export, see how long it takes.
-Concurrent user tests on the UI.
-Anything else we can think of

What have others done?  On what hardware and DBs? How did it turn out.

Fyi, we're going to do this on JBoss and Oracle, single web server to start.  We will eventually move to WebLogic, but haven't got it working yet.

Thanks for your help.

Steve

  • Stress/Load/Capacity Testing of Grouper, Steve Devoti, 08/11/2006