grouper-users - Re: [grouper-users] moving groups and stems

Subject: Grouper Users - Open Discussion List

Re: [grouper-users] moving groups and stems

  • From: Tom Barton <>
  • To: Will Norris <>
  • Cc:
  • Subject: Re: [grouper-users] moving groups and stems
  • Date: Fri, 04 Aug 2006 15:43:41 -0500

You should be able to use the XML import/export tool for this purpose. See <https://wiki.internet2.edu/confluence/display/GrouperWG/Import-Export+v1.0>.

<hint>
It'd be good to include an example of how to "prune & graft", like you're wanting to do, in that wiki page.
</hint>

Tom

Will Norris wrote:
can groups or stems be moved to somewhere else in the group hierarchy? Looking at the database I can't think of any technical reason why this wouldn't be possible, unless I'm overlooking something.

-will