grouper-dev - Re: [grouper-dev] Draft Minutes: Grouper Call of July 16, 2014

Subject: Grouper Developers Forum

Re: [grouper-dev] Draft Minutes: Grouper Call of July 16, 2014

  • From: "Cantor, Scott" <>
  • To: David Langenberg <>, Nate Klingenstein <>
  • Cc: Emily Eisbruch <>, "" <>
  • Subject: Re: [grouper-dev] Draft Minutes: Grouper Call of July 16, 2014
  • Date: Wed, 30 Jul 2014 00:00:40 +0000
  • Accept-language: en-US

On 7/29/14, 7:42 PM, "David Langenberg"

>My understanding is that Shibboleth is it's own beast with it's own
>funding and foundation. Therefore, I agree they'd probably create their
>own org in Github rather than sit under the I2 organization if they ever
>did take the plunge.

GitHub has indemnity language that is incompatible (in my opinion, and
perhaps to a slightly lesser extent, others') with a large open source
project.

I don't know of any reason we'd ever not just host the git repositories
ourselves, we have too many other things we have to run that are much more
work already. Moving to git will probably happen sometime late this year
or early next.