grouper-dev - RE: [grouper-dev] Re: [paccman] built-in permissions limits... do we need any more?

Subject: Grouper Developers Forum

RE: [grouper-dev] Re: [paccman] built-in permissions limits... do we need any more?

  • From: Chris Hyzer <>
  • To: Tom Dopirak <>
  • Cc: Keith Hazelton <>, paccman <>, "" <>
  • Subject: RE: [grouper-dev] Re: [paccman] built-in permissions limits... do we need any more?
  • Date: Fri, 15 Jul 2011 14:13:39 +0000
  • Accept-language: en-US

Well, we haven't really heard a request for this.

Right now if you have a start or end date on a permission or membership, then
after midnight on the grouper server it will go live or dead. This wasn't
really intended to be all that fine grained, though if someone needs it, we
could tweak. Note that the start/end dates mean the membership or permission
is on or off, it wont be on for some timezones and off for others.

For the times with permission limits (e.g. only allow from 9am-5pm on
weekdays), if the caller does not pass in the current time, it will use the
Grouper server time. If the caller is in a different timezone, and passes in
the current time, then it will use that time. So in that case the permission
could be allowed for some callers and disallowed for other callers (depending
on the clock of the caller).

Sound good?