grouper-dev - [grouper-dev] Re: [paccman] built-in permissions limits... do we need any more?

Subject: Grouper Developers Forum

[grouper-dev] Re: [paccman] built-in permissions limits... do we need any more?

  • From: Keith Hazelton <>
  • To: Chris Hyzer <>
  • Cc: paccman <>, "" <>
  • Subject: [grouper-dev] Re: [paccman] built-in permissions limits... do we need any more?
  • Date: Thu, 07 Jul 2011 11:50:56 -0500

For effective date (of memberships, etc), it would be good to have date limits comparable to amount limits, e.g. "onOrAfter(2011-02-01) AND notAfter(2011-10-31)"

It will be a big task to make this accessible for the average Grouper (delegated) admin.  I can see that it will involve a lot of commentary on each line of the code snippets, etc. plus a sense of what environment the snippet assumes and what instances of what classes are in play.  A person with a modest level of technical background should be able to go through this document line by line, pose questions to Grouper-user and occasionally Grouper-dev, and incorporate the verified answers into the commentary.

Very nice new capability, Chris, I especially like the flexibility and extensibility of limit definition via _expression_ languages.

      Regards,   --Keith