grouper-dev - RE: [grouper-dev] Re: [paccman] built-in permissions limits... do we need any more?

Subject: Grouper Developers Forum

RE: [grouper-dev] Re: [paccman] built-in permissions limits... do we need any more?

  • From: Chris Hyzer <>
  • To: Keith Hazelton <>, Scott Koranda <>
  • Cc: Tom Dopirak <>, paccman <>, "" <>
  • Subject: RE: [grouper-dev] Re: [paccman] built-in permissions limits... do we need any more?
  • Date: Fri, 15 Jul 2011 16:01:29 +0000
  • Accept-language: en-US

Well, we are designating a timezone, not a timestamp, right?
The list I forwarded before includes utc, right?

Etc/GMT
Etc/GMT+0
Etc/GMT+1
Etc/GMT+10
Etc/GMT+11
Etc/GMT+12
Etc/GMT+2
Etc/GMT+3
Etc/GMT+4
Etc/GMT+5
Etc/GMT+6
Etc/GMT+7
Etc/GMT+8
Etc/GMT+9
Etc/GMT-0
Etc/GMT-1
Etc/GMT-10
Etc/GMT-11
Etc/GMT-12
Etc/GMT-13
Etc/GMT-14
Etc/GMT-2
Etc/GMT-3
Etc/GMT-4
Etc/GMT-5
Etc/GMT-6
Etc/GMT-7
Etc/GMT-8
Etc/GMT-9
Etc/GMT0

The way I have it, the caller can pass certain time components if they want
to...

e.g.

# dayOfWeek: from calendar.SUNDAY to calendar.SATURDAY. Note that these are
integers are 1-7
# hourOfDay: from 0 to 23
# minuteOfHour: from 0 to 59
# minuteOfDay: from 0 to 1439
# monthOfYear: from calendar.JANUARY to calendar.DECEMBER. Note that these
are integers from 0 to 11

Though I could also accept a timestamp in some format. Grouper uses the
format for WS currently:

yyyy/MM/dd HH:mm:ss.SSS
or
yyyy/MM/dd_HH:mm:ss.SSS (easier for command line)

We could make timezone be a part of that optionally... can you do everything
with GMT? E.g. timezones like Indiana cant be translated to gmt right?

If someone has a specific detailed use case, that would help, otherwise I
will just make assumptions... this discussion is a little vague for me :)