wg-multicast - Re: Channel Reflector

Subject: All things related to multicast

Re: Channel Reflector

  • From: Marc Manthey <>
  • To: wg-multicast <>
  • Subject: Re: Channel Reflector
  • Date: Sun, 6 Apr 2008 13:26:38 +0200

Am 02.04.2008 um 19:12 schrieb Hitoshi Asaeda:

It is possible to set up a single agent in the start up phase. In this
case, the agent system (with one agent) simply behaves as a central
web server. If we set up a large number of agents, these agents communicate each
other to synchronize the session information (as a replication
manner). This would give its robustness and better performance.
And also, using multiple agents enable to set up some policy
definition, since "your" agent can maintain "your site-local" session
information without synchronization, as well as the global session
information that is shared with other agents.

http://www.sfc.wide.ad.jp/~asaeda/talk/2007f-I2-Asaeda.pdf

hello Hitoshi,

from my understanding the "multicast" IGMP/MLD packets need to get forwarded
in the router / host where the tunnel / endpoint is terminated.

or how could the client join session if they are behind a NAT ?
Are the tunneled via "http" ?

thanks and
all the best

Marc

From an end user, CR is just looks like a web system. The user does
not need to know the agents, and hence helper applications can be used.

--
Les enfants teribbles - research and deployment
Marc Manthey - Hildeboldplatz 1a