wg-multicast - Re: Financial mcast / tibco

Subject: All things related to multicast

Re: Financial mcast / tibco

  • From: "Marshall Eubanks" <>
  • To: Prashant Chopra <>,
  • Cc:
  • Subject: Re: Financial mcast / tibco
  • Date: Wed, 12 Oct 2005 14:24:24 -0400

On Wed, 12 Oct 2005 13:20:59 -0400
Prashant Chopra
> Christan,
>
> Are you referring to multicast or messaging?
>
> Tibco is historically in the enteprise application integration and
> focuses on providing solutions for data messaging between enterprise
> systems in a publish-and -subscribe model.

Tibco bought Talarian back in 2002

http://www.tibco.com/company/news/releases/press455.jsp

That got them things like Talarian's implementation of PGM

http://www.tibco.com/software/enterprise_backbone/smartpgm.jsp

and the financial customers that used it.

Regards
Marshall Eubanks

T.M. Eubanks
e-mail :