wg-multicast - Re: IPv6 Multicast

Subject: All things related to multicast

Re: IPv6 Multicast

  • From: Marshall Eubanks <>
  • To: John Zwiebel <>
  • Cc: Alan Crosswell <>, "Kevin C. Almeroth" <>,
  • Subject: Re: IPv6 Multicast
  • Date: Tue, 13 Aug 2002 14:16:15 -0400

John Zwiebel wrote:

On 8/7/02 9:43 AM, "Alan Crosswell"

A WWW-based guide is UNICAST. Bah!
/a

But it provides the information quickly so receives
know which source to join to. Why multicast information
about millions of sources using up network BW when that
same info can be stored on a disk and retrieved in just
a few seconds?

FWIW, it "sounds like" you think the SDR/SAP application
is a "good thing". I believe it is very, very broken.
(And I do mean the application not the protocols)

Look at how the IP/TV content manager works. You get the
info you need, when you need it because you specifically
ask for it. No waiting for an SDR packet to "finally"
show up.

And is there a published and available protocol describing how this works ?

--
Regards
Marshall Eubanks

This e-mail may contain confidential and proprietary information of
Multicast Technologies, Inc, subject to Non-Disclosure Agreements

T.M. Eubanks
Multicast Technologies, Inc
10301 Democracy Lane, Suite 410
Fairfax, Virginia 22030