wg-multicast - Re: multicast beacon

Subject: All things related to multicast

Re: multicast beacon

  • From: Bill Owens <>
  • To: "Kevin C. Almeroth" <>, ,
  • Subject: Re: multicast beacon
  • Date: Wed, 27 Feb 2002 17:03:14 -0500

FYI, a beacon success: I was working on the local multicast problem last night from home, and on a whim I downloaded the beacon code to my MacOS X machine here at the office and it fired right up. The beacon list shows it (cookiemonster.nysernet.org) as the only MacOS machine amidst the Linux, Sun and Win2k boxes, so perhaps this is the first time anybody's tried it.

MacOS X actually makes a pretty decent multicast A/V client, though it would be nicer if I could get a native (rather than X windows) MPEG-2 viewer that was multicast capable. . .

Bill.