wg-multicast - Re: Turn it on everywhere?

Subject: All things related to multicast

Re: Turn it on everywhere?

  • From: Tony Rimovsky <>
  • To:
  • Subject: Re: Turn it on everywhere?
  • Date: Wed, 3 Oct 2001 14:20:44 -0500

We had multicast enabled everywhere when we still had our xylan's in
place, connected via LANE and no *gmp. 10 Mbit/s Ethernet to most
offices.

One day, someone decided to install the access-grid software on their
desktop and go to the access grid lobby. A few seconds later, the
pager went off.

*gmp makes a big difference from my scenerio, but a shared 10 can
still easily be overrun with AG traffic.

/tsr