wg-multicast - Re: FW: multicast support

Subject: All things related to multicast

Re: FW: multicast support

  • From: (Kevin C. Almeroth)
  • To:
  • Subject: Re: FW: multicast support
  • Date: Thu, 23 Dec 1999 08:49:25 -0800 (PST)

(I sent this to JUST

since all
the folks I know who are involved in this discussion are
on this list.)

Well, I've been not paying attention to email for a few days
(Rincon fire almost claimed to-be parents-in-law house (things
are 99.9% fine)).

Based on the fragments of messages I've been getting I think
it should be noted that SOME folks run SAP over dense.

(For anyone that doesn't know, there was a question whether
the transport of SAP messages should be done via dense mode.)

Does I2 need to even recognize that this is happening? Does it
help someone connected to I2 to know that some folks carry
sap.mcast.net via dense?

-Kevin