wg-multicast - RE: Multicast-related meetings in Seattle

Subject: All things related to multicast

RE: Multicast-related meetings in Seattle

  • From: (Kevin C. Almeroth)
  • To:
  • Cc:
  • Subject: RE: Multicast-related meetings in Seattle
  • Date: Mon, 27 Sep 1999 08:28:49 -0700 (PDT)

>>cisco hosted a multicast engineering workshop for I2 earlier this summer.
>>I believe this overview/case-study approach worked very well.
>>This format would work well for a WG meeting also.
>>
>>We could possibly take case-studies submitted in advance to ensure a
>>representative sample with various topoligies/technologies.

Yes, this sounds like a good idea. I've been struggling with how
best to address this issue. On the one hand, the Cisco workshop
was very helpful. On the other hand, I'm hoping other vendors will
over similar opportunities.

I suspect what should happen is that we create a longer time slot
at the vBNS Techs workshops so that each and every meeting we can
have a few campuses present their topology and then give those people
with questions time to get answers. That probably won't be too
difficult to pull off.

On a related note, while there are a number of people on this list,
I think we are missing 90% of the campuses. I'm trying to find a
way to get at least one representative from each campus onto the
list so they are aware of current status and have an avenue for
information. Not a small task. (If anyone would like to help put
together a brief survey and collect the results, let me know.)

-Kevin