wg-multicast - Re: Las Cruces Summary

Subject: All things related to multicast

Re: Las Cruces Summary

  • From: Hugh LaMaster <>
  • To: Mark Boolootian <>
  • Cc:
  • Subject: Re: Las Cruces Summary
  • Date: Fri, 12 Mar 1999 14:52:13 -0800 (PST)

On Fri, 12 Mar 1999, Mark Boolootian wrote:

> > Most switch vendors support IGMP-snooping... at this point, you
> > need to ask if you buy new equipment, and basically, don't buy
> > anything that doesn't support it.
>
> Although not all vendors support it equally well. We have 10/100 switches
> from one large switch manufacturer which have been plagued by a buggy
> IGMP-snooping implementation. We've been working with them to get the
> problems straightened out, but it's proved itself to be a long, difficult
> process.

Just between you and me, this wouldn't be the big Cabletron
switches?

> Mark Boolootian
> UC Santa Cruz

BTW, are you part of the vDOC project? Matt Spence was over
there yesterday doing testing back to here.

Regards,
Hugh LaMaster

--
Hugh LaMaster, M/S 233-21, ASCII Email:

NASA Ames Research Center Or:

Moffett Field, CA 94035-1000 No Junkmail: USC 18 section 2701
Phone: 650/604-1056 Disclaimer: Unofficial, personal *opinion*.