wg-multicast - RE: Las Cruces Summary

Subject: All things related to multicast

RE: Las Cruces Summary

  • From: "Jill Gemmill" <>
  • To: "Jeremy George" <>, <>, <>
  • Subject: RE: Las Cruces Summary
  • Date: Fri, 12 Mar 1999 15:45:37 -0600

So far ViDe seems to be focusing on server-centric videoconferencing. What I'm
doing is not (yet) a part of the ViDe effort.

Since I'm working on this for our campus, anyway, I would be willing to
participate in a bakeoff.

We're also interested in getting some REAL information about NIC's and which
support multicast in hardware (and, which do address filtering in hardware).
Vendors do not seem to be very forthcoming with this type of info.