sip.edu - Re: [sip.edu] Experiences with Cisco Unified Communications Call Manager 6 or above.

Subject: SIP in higher education

Re: [sip.edu] Experiences with Cisco Unified Communications Call Manager 6 or above.

  • From: Dave Laurentino <>
  • To: <>
  • Cc: <>
  • Subject: Re: [sip.edu] Experiences with Cisco Unified Communications Call Manager 6 or above.
  • Date: Mon, 10 Nov 2008 12:11:33 -0500

To add

For this question "Does Call manager 6 speak SIP to gateways or does it
still only speak MGCP?"

Yes it CM6 does work well with Cisco based IOS routers acting as gateways
Just need to pay attention to dial plans and ISDN PRI local switch
configurations

Dave

On 10/11/08 8:45 AM, "Jan Ruzicka"

> Steven C. Blair napsal(a):
>> If you wish to add a SIP proxy either OpenSER/OpenSIPs or SER will work
>> fine.
>> I'm not sure what you mean when you say "... supports Directory to query."
>> Both proxy servers will maintain a database of contacts based on register
>> messages and a database of subscribers provided you compile in MySQL
>> support.
>>
>> Does Call manager 6 speak SIP to gateways or does it still only speak MGCP?
>>
>> What about support for alphabetic userid in the R-URI and DNS SRV support?
>> If
>> CCM supports these then you may be able to interoperate with SIP.edu
>> without
>> adding the proxy.
>
> I afraid this doesn't work even in v7
> but there are some links that shows some (future) possibilities
>
> from
> http://www.cisco.com/en/US/prod/collateral/voicesw/ps6788/vcallcon/ps556/solut
> ion_overview_c22-493511.html
>
> Increased compatibility with other vendors' solutions is now enabled
> with Cisco Unified Communications Manager 7.0:
>
> ­ The MobileConnect feature (single number reach) now supports URLs as a
> remote destination to a Microsoft Office Client. For instance,
> administrators can now configure a
>
> to ring on a
> Microsoft Office Communicator client in addition to mobile phones or
> home phones.
>
> Jan

Dave Laurentino -

Team Lead - Converged Network Services
Research In Motion Limited
195 Columbia St. W.
Waterloo, ON, N2L 5Z5
Desk: +1 519 888 7465 x72500
Mobile: +1 519 573 6759

solicitor-client or other applicable privileges), or constitute non-public
information. Any use of this information by anyone other than the intended
recipient is prohibited. If you have received this transmission in error,
please immediately reply to the sender and delete this information from your
system. Use, dissemination, distribution, or reproduction of this
transmission by unintended recipients is not authorized and may be unlawful.