sip.edu - Re: [sip.edu] Experiences with Cisco Unified Communications Call Manager 6 or above.

Subject: SIP in higher education

Re: [sip.edu] Experiences with Cisco Unified Communications Call Manager 6 or above.

  • From: Jan Ruzicka <>
  • To:
  • Cc: "" <>
  • Subject: Re: [sip.edu] Experiences with Cisco Unified Communications Call Manager 6 or above.
  • Date: Mon, 10 Nov 2008 14:45:54 +0100

Steven C. Blair napsal(a):
> If you wish to add a SIP proxy either OpenSER/OpenSIPs or SER will work
> fine. I'm not sure what you mean when you say "... supports Directory to
> query." Both proxy servers will maintain a database of contacts based on
> register messages and a database of subscribers provided you compile in
> MySQL support.
>
> Does Call manager 6 speak SIP to gateways or does it still only speak MGCP?
>
> What about support for alphabetic userid in the R-URI and DNS SRV support?
> If CCM supports these then you may be able to interoperate with SIP.edu
> without adding the proxy.

I afraid this doesn't work even in v7
but there are some links that shows some (future) possibilities

from
http://www.cisco.com/en/US/prod/collateral/voicesw/ps6788/vcallcon/ps556/solution_overview_c22-493511.html

Increased compatibility with other vendors' solutions is now enabled
with Cisco Unified Communications Manager 7.0:

– The MobileConnect feature (single number reach) now supports URLs as a
remote destination to a Microsoft Office Client. For instance,
administrators can now configure a

to ring on a
Microsoft Office Communicator client in addition to mobile phones or
home phones.

Jan

Ing. Jan Ruzicka CESNET z. s. p. o.
tel: +420234680499 Zikova 4