sip.edu - RE: [sip.edu] Experiences with Cisco Unified Communications Call Manager 6 or above.

Subject: SIP in higher education

RE: [sip.edu] Experiences with Cisco Unified Communications Call Manager 6 or above.

  • From: "Steven C. Blair" <>
  • To: "" <>, "" <>
  • Subject: RE: [sip.edu] Experiences with Cisco Unified Communications Call Manager 6 or above.
  • Date: Mon, 10 Nov 2008 07:31:44 -0500
  • Accept-language: en-US
  • Acceptlanguage: en-US

If you wish to add a SIP proxy either OpenSER/OpenSIPs or SER will work fine.
I'm not sure what you mean when you say "... supports Directory to query."
Both proxy servers will maintain a database of contacts based on register
messages and a database of subscribers provided you compile in MySQL support.

Does Call manager 6 speak SIP to gateways or does it still only speak MGCP?

What about support for alphabetic userid in the R-URI and DNS SRV support? If
CCM supports these then you may be able to interoperate with SIP.edu without
adding the proxy.