sip.edu - Re: [sip.edu] Experiences with Cisco Unified Communications Call Manager 6 or above.

Subject: SIP in higher education

Re: [sip.edu] Experiences with Cisco Unified Communications Call Manager 6 or above.

  • From: Joao Pereira <>
  • To:
  • Subject: Re: [sip.edu] Experiences with Cisco Unified Communications Call Manager 6 or above.
  • Date: Mon, 10 Nov 2008 10:45:52 +0000

Hello
You need to install OpenSER and create a trunk form the UCCM to OpenSER.
Regards
Joao Pereira

wrote:
Hello Everybody:

We are from the Autonomous Barcelona University(UAB) and recently we
installed a new VoIP PBX UCCM 6.1(2)from cisco over sip protocol. We are
thinking to integrate SIP.EDU in our university but we don't have any
experience of people doing that with our configuration.

Watching the SIP.EDU cookbook and comparing, Our Cisco VoIP PBX haves a
coupple of MGCP gateways and SIP support and we think that is possible to
integrate with a SIP PROXY that supports Directory to query (like SER), doing
that the CCM's works as a sip gateway against the SIP PROXY.

Has anyone any experience with this kind of configuration?

Thanks in advance to everybody!

Óscar