sip.edu - RE: [sip.edu] SIP.edu Call Notes - 2/2

Subject: SIP in higher education

RE: [sip.edu] SIP.edu Call Notes - 2/2

  • From: "Abrams, Derek" <>
  • To: <>
  • Subject: RE: [sip.edu] SIP.edu Call Notes - 2/2
  • Date: Fri, 10 Feb 2006 10:43:49 -0800

Aaron:

The MeetMe service on * is intended for 6-way, but with good engineering
I suppose you could exceed that.

The best place for info is at:
http://www.voip-info.org/tiki-index.php?page=Asterisk%20cmd%20MeetMe

One SA said they get 'tunnel' at 8-9 users, and echo at 10+ using
ISDN/PRI. If it is a total SIP connection, I'm not sure we haven't
experimented with that just yet.

The links at the bottom of the VOIP-INFO page will give you better info
on dimensioning * as well as the MeetMe application including how to
limit users.

The beauty of * is that since its Open Source you can re-engineer it to
your needs. And if you figure out how to improve on the MM or MM2 apps
I'm sure others would be ecstatic to want a copy.

Derek Abrams
Oregon State University