shibboleth-dev - RE: [Shib-Dev] yet another java SP implementation....

Subject: Shibboleth Developers

RE: [Shib-Dev] yet another java SP implementation....

  • From: "Cantor, Scott E." <>
  • To: "" <>
  • Subject: RE: [Shib-Dev] yet another java SP implementation....
  • Date: Mon, 3 Jan 2011 21:30:46 +0000
  • Accept-language: en-US

> A follow on note from you says that the text is found in the original
> SSO profile.... I guess I'm suggesting a footnote along the lines of
> "Step 1 is undefined because it is a matter for the IdP deployer; SP
> implementers should discuss this with their IDP deployer partners before
> making assumptions."

It isn't a matter for implementers, it's a deployment issue, and that isn't
really addressed by the spec itself. As a deployment note, it probably fits
in the Technical Overview, but I really don't have any intentions of cracking
that document open, nor does anybody likely read it.

You're catching me on the right day, I'm just done arguing it. I would sooner
take an hour and implement the legacy protocol in an IdP extension because it
would take me less time then anything at OASIS would.