shibboleth-dev - RE: [Shib-Dev] yet another java SP implementation....

Subject: Shibboleth Developers

RE: [Shib-Dev] yet another java SP implementation....

  • From: "Cantor, Scott E." <>
  • To: "" <>
  • Subject: RE: [Shib-Dev] yet another java SP implementation....
  • Date: Mon, 3 Jan 2011 19:19:32 +0000
  • Accept-language: en-US

> > 2) Are there additional checks that the project would recommend that
> > they implement ?
>
> All the checks the Shibboleth SP does.

In particular, they need to read SAML core on assertion "validity" and
implement all the core and profile-specific checks that are needed to ensure
that. That means all conditions, rejecting unknown conditions, and evaluating
subject confirmation in accordance with the profile.

> There is no such thing as a IdP-first web browser profile so no the IdP
> doesn't support it. You'll have create a mock authn request and send it
> to the IdP.

I guess more precisely, there is a such a profile, but it contains an
undefined step 1 (same one that was undefined in SAML 1.1, how you trigger
it). We have no such support because we're (or at least I'm) reluctant to
commit to defining such a step.