shibboleth-dev - Re: [Shib-Dev] Return of the Java SP... again

Subject: Shibboleth Developers

Re: [Shib-Dev] Return of the Java SP... again

  • From: Peter Schober <>
  • To:
  • Subject: Re: [Shib-Dev] Return of the Java SP... again
  • Date: Thu, 26 Aug 2010 12:36:36 +0200

* Chad La Joie
<>
[2010-08-25 20:11]:
> What we are most interested in hearing, at this point, is:
> - is there still a reasonable demand for a Java SP (i.e. would you
> actually use it)
> - is the rather vague functional description going in the right direction

Maybe getting the OLAT people involved in this discussion might be
interesting, since for several years they used an extended version of
the original abandoned Shibboleth Java SP code in their software, AFAIK.
A colleague recently pointed out that this no longer is the case:

"OLAT uses since 6.2.x Shibboleth Service Provider 2.0 with Apache,
mod-shib, shibd, mod_jk."
http://www.olat.org/docu/install/EnablingTheShibbolethLogin.html

"Upgrade to Shibboleth 2.0: using Shibboleth 2.0 requires
installation of Apache and mod_shib", Release notes for 6.2.0
http://www.olat.org/website/en/html/download_releasenotes.html

Maybe someone from SWITCH (there are a few on this list) has good
contacts to them?
-peter